If you focus on the right processes, in the right way, you can design your way to success.
These activities and habits will help students become cultural and business ambassadors. The students will write and explain how the activities and processes have made an impact on their lives. Based on Sterling Scholar Award.
Critical Thinking Skills
- Analyzing - Separating or breaking a whole into parts to discover their nature, functional and relationships. "I studied it piece by piece" "I sorted things out"
- Applying Standards - Judging according to established personal, professional, or social rules or criteria. "I judged it according to..."
- Discriminating - Recognizing differences and similarities among things or situations and distinguishing carefully as to category or rank. "I rank ordered the various..." "I grouped things together"
- Information Seeking - Searching for evidence, facts, or knowledge by identifying relevant sources and gathering objective, subjective, historical, and current data from those sources "I knew I needed to lookup/study..." "I kept searching for data."
- Logical Reasoning - Drawing inferences or conclusions that are supported in or justified by evidence "I deduced from the information that..." "My rationale for the conclusion was..."
- Predicting - Envisioning a plan and its consequences "I envisioned the outcome would be..." "I was prepared for..."
- Transforming Knowledge - Changing or converting the condition, nature, form, or function of concepts among contexts "I improved on the basics by..." "I wondered if that would fit the situation of ..."
Preparing for an Interview
The Paradoxical Commandments by Kent M. Keith
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
© Copyright Kent M. Keith 1968, renewed 2001
6 B's by Gordon B. Hinckley
1. Be grateful
2. Be smart
3. Be clean
4. Be true
5. Be humble
6. Be prayerful
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary." - Elon Musk